Another New Year, another chance to wipe the slate clean and start fresh! Today is the first blank page of 364 other pages to live the life you want to live.
"Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties. - Helen Keller
No regrets, just chances to learn some new lessons. I do love the sound of that!
In a previous post 2013 Just Around The Corner... I had mentioned a few of my resolutions in brief for 2013. These resolutions included getting organized; a very BROAD resolution because in reality, I really need to get my entire life organized. Yikes. Also included where staying on top of my blogging, staying in better contact with my four siblings and lastly, the most popular resolution of all...exercise! Another yikes.
I'm going to be honest here, I have NEVER been able to keep a resolution. Perhaps it's because I go all gun-ho making every single thing I want to improve in my life exactly that. Well, not this time. I'm going to try and be realistic this year.
I came across a few other blogs that mentioned creating monthly resolutions instead of a bunch for the year. I like this idea, It's just more practical. I still need to keep the ones I have already promised myself, they are indeed important. In addition, I am going to think of a few more and space them out each month. The organization alone could take a year or two!
Here is what I have for the first six months:
- January - Start eating healthy and introduce exercise more regularly. I am hoping that by starting this one first I will become madly addicted to eating right and loosing weight, therefore, I will stick with it! You can't see me, but I am writing this post whilst I enjoy my leftover Christmas Cookies. Fine, so I'll start tomorrow.
- February - Start that organizing! The closet is a mess, the pantry is horrific, the kitchen drawers, laundry room, medicine cabinet, garage, and don't even get me started on the family room or the entire upstairs level of our house. It's simple really, I'll pick one thing at a time here. Perhaps one room a month?
- March - Dust off my garden. Since having two baby boys, and with the back to back pregnancies, I just didn't have the time or energy to nurture my garden. I do miss gardening dearly, and am thinking the boys are old enough to "help" out this year. I am excited about this one.
- April - Mission Organize Home Office. Nuff said.
- May- Make use of my camera more often and blog or journal about each day. Where I live, May is one of those months that is always so beautiful. The pretty green grass is starting to grow everywhere and wild flowers are in bloom as far as the eye can see. The weather is still chili, but it is all so beautiful.
- June - Purge, Purge, Purge. June is hot, so why not take the opportunity to get rid of all that junk I don't need? This resolution falls into the organizing category too. I have so much "stuff" that I need to either sort, throw away or give to good will. I'll need to go through each drawer, cabinet, closest, and dresser for this one.