Every once and a while, I stumble across an image of something edible online that I wish I could grab right out of the screen and eat!
I thought I might share with you something other than jewelry related today.
This....happening right now, as I type. Oh, if you could only smell this kitchen....
ROASTED GARLIC MUSHROOMS
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut
- 3 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/
gas mark 6.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remember to bookmark it for future reference so you'll always have this recipe available!
(This Roasted Garlic Mushroom recipe was found on Facebook - original reference, unknown)